Saturday, March 3, 2012

Designer Spolight: Amie Corley


Where I live, February went "out like a lion" - or so the expression goes - and March decided to follow suit. Today, the other famous saying, "March winds, April showers bring forth May flowers" was also ringing in my head because it was so windy (it even merited a wind warning where I live). So this grey, windy Saturday, I was thinking of a bright and happy place. It took me all the day down south to a turn-of-the-century home in St. Louis where these designs by Amie Corley really fit the bill. I love how Ann's designs are modern but true to the historic integrity of the home. What Amie's designs inspire me to do is use more colour and not be afraid to use patterns -- and lots of them! OK. Noted. These bright, bold and multi purpose spaces are great inspiration for the cloudy weekend. Some design ideas that really got my juices flowing were the symmetry in the bathroom, the wallpaper and paint colours that are very functional (and can be used in almost any room of the house) and the antique mixed with modern furnishings in bright and playful colours. What are your favourite things about these spaces?

No comments:

Post a Comment